- Listen (Research)
- Participate (Planning)
- Contribute (Implement)
Key take-aways from session:
- When building social media strategies, understand the online dynamic is not about you, but the experience.
- Set ting relational objectives around interest, attitudes and actions is key to a successful campaign.
- Part of dealing with an online community is understanding crisis communications.
- Policy in an online environment does not matter to the consumer.
- Always remember the offline relationship in an online relationship and vice versa.
- Principles of PR have not gone away, but are more important than ever.
Kami Watson Huyse, APR, principle of MY PR Pro, is a sought-after speaker and writes an award-winning blog, Communication Overtones, on the topic of public relations and social media strategy. In this half-day pre-conference seminar, Kami follows the three-step process to demonstrate how social media tactics may be included in the overall communications strategy.
Join Kami Watson Huyse for her teleseminars, Strategist Social Media Management: Applying Strategis Skills for Successful Campaigns and Integrating Social Media Into Crisis Planning: Prepare Your Company and Brand in Times of Trouble.