During PRSA’s Diversity & Inclusion Month, join National Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) efforts across the country to raise awareness about D&I in public relations, and inform your members and community about the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce in our profession.
Here are some ways to help you promote awareness:
• Develop a diversity & inclusion article for your Chapter, District or Section newsletter, website, or blog and share it with other partner organizations.
• Join PRSA’s D&I webinar, “Diversity and Inclusion: A Business Imperative,” on Aug. 3 at 3 p.m. (ET) with our guest presenter, Angela Chitkara, PR track director at the City College of New York, who will co-present with Brad MacAfee, CEO and senior partner of Porter Novelli, and Helen Shelton, senior partner at Finn Partners.
• Join the PRSA Diversity & Inclusion Committee’s Twitter Chat on Aug. 24 at 3 pm ET. Don’t forget to follow @PRSADiversity and use #PRSADiversity in your August social media posts.
• Appoint a diversity champion in your Chapter and begin using the D&I Toolkit and new checklist to assess your Chapter’s D&I efforts. To access the toolkit, click here.
• Reach out to other organizations to collaborate on efforts for a bigger, better impact. Use the newly updated D&I Toolkit as a source of information.
• Revisit your Chapter’s website and include messaging or a section on diversity. Perhaps you can highlight some of the work the chapter has conducted on D&I.
• Conduct a Facebook Live event in your Chapter, District or Section tied to a D&I theme.
Leave a Comment