Katie Delahaye Paine, cheif executive officer, KDPaine & Partners, opened up the session by giving an overview of 21st century public relations measurement. Paine stressed, data is what you need to keep your job. You become what you measure.
Key take-aways from this session:
- Outputs: time on site, repeat visits, forwards, links and comments
- Outtakes: relationships, tone/content of conversation and membership
- Outcomes: click thus, donations/orders and signups
- The measurement engagement consists of conversation index, relationship studies and engagement index. Measure the interaction.
- There are 27 types of conversation.
- The Seven Steps of Social Media ROI:
- Define the ‘R’ – What are the expected results?
- Define the ‘I’ – What is the investment?
- Understand your audiences and what motivates them.
- Define the metrics.
- Determine what you are benchmarking against.
- Pick a tool and undertake research.
- Analyze results and glean insight, take action and measure again.
- Your measurement toolbox needs to include:
- Select a measurement tool. Match the tool with the objective.
- A way to analyze that content.
- A way to measure engagement.
- A way to quantify it all.
To view this presentation, Georgia Tech Case Study and the ASPCA integrated communication campaign case study presented by Shonali Burke, ABC, former vice president of media and communications, ASPCA, please download this presentation: True Tales from the Social media Measurement Trenches– Using Research to Learn and Improve our programs.
Join Paine for her teleseminar “Effective Social Media Measurement: Tie Social Media Metrics to Real, Bottom-line Results” and her seminar “Build Your Bottom Line With Data-driven PR: Advanced ROI, KPI and ROMI Measurement” on Friday, February 22, 2009 in New York, NY!
Leave a Comment