Digital marketing expert Ann Handley doesn’t start her day checking emails, choosing instead to spend her time by writing a few pages in a notebook.
“I write for myself before I do anything else,” she says.
However, when she does get to her inbox, she goes straight for her favorite e-newsletters — which aren’t limited in subject matter to marketing and storytelling.
Here are a few of her must-read picks:
- CB Insights — This media favorite shares news and data on emerging industries, venture capital, startups and innovation.
- Recruiting Brainfood — WorkShape.io co-founder Hung Lee is behind this popular talent acquisition newsletter.
- Further — This weekly email offers hand-picked health, wealth and personal growth resources for Generation X.
- The Full Monty — Executive adviser Scott Monty curates a series of links about current events and trends in the worlds of technology, business, digital communications and marketing.
- Almost Timely — Author-podcaster Christopher S. Penn brings together links and tweets from a variety of web influencers.
- The Marketing Analytics Intersection (TMAI) — Digital marketer Avinash Kaushik shares “actionable insights” from the intersection of marketing and analytics.
- Brain Pickings — A digest of the week’s most interesting and inspiring articles across art, science, philosophy and creativity.
This article first appeared in the February 2019 “Storytelling & Writing” issue of Strategies & Tactics.
John Elsasser is the editor-in chief of Strategies & Tactics. He joined PRSA in 1994 and still enjoys talking about his first day on the job.
Thank you for sharing your favorite e-newsletters. In our profession it is so important to constantly consume news. One of my favorite e-newsletters is TheSkimm. -Olivia Lake writer/editor for Platform Magazine