Celebrate PRSA New Professionals Week Aug. 1-7, 2016
Each year, PRSA New Professionals Week (Aug. 1-7, 2016) encourages new public relations professionals to share resources and advice with fellow new professionals across the country as we celebrate current members and encourage new members to join.
During this week, we encourage local Chapters to host events focused on providing networking and career development for professionals new to the industry.
Here are a few ways PRSA Chapters, new professionals and employers can get involved with New Professionals Week.
Plan a New Pros Week event
While the PRSA New Professionals Section provides national programming, each PRSA Chapter can host an in-person event of its own. Here are a few ideas:
- Ask a new professional in your Chapter to help plan an event
- Arrange a mentor meet and greet in which young professionals are paired with seasoned mentors
- Sponsor a networking mixer at a popular happy hour location
- Host a “What I wish I knew as a Young Pro” panel featuring seasoned public relations professionals; invite students and recent graduates
- Host a viewing of a PRSA New Professionals webinar over coffee, lunch or drinks
Once you set a date, be sure to register your event here.
Recruit new professionals to join your Chapter
New Professionals Week is the perfect opportunity to plan a membership campaign targeted at young professionals. Use this week to target your communications to new professionals who are not members.
Participate in national programming
During PRSA New Professionals Week, we will provide national programming such as a Twitter chat, webinar and blog series. Stay tuned for more details, and continue to monitor our website for upcoming dates.
Organize an event
If your Chapter isn’t already planning a New Professionals Week event, volunteer to organize one. Once you set a date, be sure to register your event here.
Work with PRSA to host an event
If your company has a lot of new professionals, consider working with a PRSA member to organize an event to recognize your company’s newest hires. Here are a few ideas:
- Promote your local PRSA Chapter’s New Professionals Week event to employees
- Invite a PRSA member to host a training for new professionals at your agency or corporation
- Write letters welcoming your new professionals to the company and thanking them for their work
- Sponsor your new professionals’ PRSA membership and use the code AM16 to get a free New Pros Section membership
PRSA New Professionals Week 2016 will be here before we know it. How are you planning to celebrate?